deep dish chocolate cream pie
Orange Cream Tart
Strawberry Ice Cream
Would absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE if i could get my hands on the recipe for the deep dish chocolate cream pie for fathers day if that was any way possible thanks.
This Pie just consists of a baked pie crust and a chocolate pudding. If you have a trusted pie crust recipe, feel free to use it!
Here’s the recipe I used:
– 1 1/4 cups flour
– 1 stick cold butter, cut into small pieces
– 3-4 tbsp ice water
– 1/2 tsp sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
Combine flour, butter, sugar and salt in a bowl. Using a fork or pastry cutter start cutting the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and mix until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed. You might need to add 1 or 2 tablespoons ice water, but don’t overmix.
Form a ball and flatten it. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
On a floured piece of parchment paper, roll dough to a 14″ round.
Preheat oven to 425° F, butter and flour a 8″ cake tin. Roll dough over the cake tin and gently press to fit. Chill and blind bake the crust for 20 minutes, then remove it from the oven and take out the pie weights. Lower the oven temperature to 375°F and return pie to the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until thecrust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 3 tbsp cornstarch
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 2/3 cup milk
– 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
– 3 large egg yolks
– 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
– 2 tbsp Whiskey (optional)
1. In a bowl whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk in 1/3 cup of the milk and the egg yolks to make a thick paste. Set aside.
2. Combine the remaining 1 1/3 cup milk and the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and slowly pour in the egg-cocoa mixture, whisking constantly.
3. Return saucepan over heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, strain through a sieve and mix in the chopped chocolate and the whiskey.
4. Remove pie crust from the cake tin and place on a plate or cake stand. Carefully pour in the chocolate pudding and let cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Basic HTML is allowed. Your email address will not be published.
Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS