grain free granola recipe
behold! following steps are super simple and absolutely easy to follow. really, there’s not much you can do wrong. once you get a hold of the right pre-baking-consistency, this will become your favourite granola recipe. I tested it a few times with different ingredients and it always turned out delicious!
dry/ 2 cups in total/
- grain free flakes: millet, buckwheat, rice
- nuts and seeds
- coconut flakes
- chia seeds
- flaked almonds
- hemp seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas
- 3 teaspoons almond butter (or if you skip the nut-thing: sunflower butter or tahini)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (50g)
- if needed: any sweetener you like, e.g. 2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- preheat your oven to 160°C. line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together your dry ingredients. It absolutely doesn’t matter in wich amounts your measure everything. I just threw stuff I found in my pantry together, didn’t look at the measurements and combined it the way I like it. I ended up with 2 cups of a random mix of millet/buckwheat/rice-flakes, cashews, flaked almonds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseeds and sunflower seeds.
- In another bowl mash the bananas using a fork. Add the coconut oil and the almond butter and mix well to combine.
- Add the banana-mix to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. All dry ingredients should still be crumbly and coated with a bit of the banana mix, but not too soggy. Add sweetener to taste.
- If the mix is too wet, add some flakes or nuts, if it’s too dry just add another teaspoon almond butter.
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer on your baking sheet. Leave some bigger lumps (walnut sized) in the mix and bake for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to stir up the granola every 5 minutes, as the granola on the edge of the baking sheet tends to burn easily (I’ve been told, ehem *cough*).
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven when the granola is golden brown and allow to cool completely.
- The granola can be stored for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container!
- Enjoy and serve with ice cream, joghurt, berries, milk, mylk or just snack on it while you work.
*supercool and “really important” exclaimer: gluten free, grain free, vegan, couldbe nut free, paleo, prettyhealthyunlessyousmotheritinchocolatepudding*