strawberry&rhubarb crumble (glutenfree/vegan)
- 500 g rhubarb, peeled and cut into 3-4cm long pieces
- 400 g strawberries, cut into thick slices
- ginger, about 3cm, grated
- juice & zest of a lemon
- 200 g vegan butter OR regular butter, room temperature
- 13 tbsp brown sugar (6 tbsp for the rhubarb&strawberries / 7 for the crumbs)
- 75 g ground almonds
- 100 g glutenfree flakes (a mix of rice flakes, millet flakes and buckwheat flakes) OR rolled oats
- the pulp of 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- preheat your oven to 180°C.
- in a large bowl toss together 6 tbsp brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, grated ginger and the rhubarb. set aside for 10-20 minutes. carefully fold in the strawberries and pour the rhubarb-strawberry-mix into an ovenproof dish.
- don’t bother washing your mixing bowl and just add all the ingredients and use your hands to mix until combined.
- crumble the mixture evenly over the rhubarb and strawberries.
- bake until the crumble is bubbly and golden brown (about 30-40 minutes)
- let cool for a few minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream, greek yoghurt, vanilla sauce or egg liqueur.
this crumble is seriously delicious and I’m truly happy about this recipe.
let me know if you give it a try and feel free to use any kind of fruit you’d like!